Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. Where bookings of travel products are made on your behalf through Aunt Betty references to “us”, “we”, and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall also mean and include Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Aunt Betty.
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with us via phone, as well as online bookings you make on our website.
We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
Passports & Visas: All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If this is not the case, you must let us know. It is important that you ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility (except to the extent caused by fault on our part). If you need information regarding visas, passports and other travel document requirements for your trip, please contact us. We can provide you with general information on visa and passport requirements that apply to international travel bookings you make with us. For more specific information, you can contact an external visa provider such as The Visa Machine directly. We do not warrant the accuracy of information provided by any external service and accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on it (except to the extent caused by fault on our part).
If you are travelling to the United States please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov for important information regarding compulsory pre-registration for their visa waiver program (“ESTA”). Australian passport holders will not be able to enter the United States without a valid ESTA (or visa). Please note, you may not meet the eligibility requirements of ESTA and may be required to obtain a visa.
If you are travelling to Canada please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp for important information regarding compulsory electronic travel authorization for visa-exempt foreign nationals (“ETA”). Australian passport holders will not be able to enter Canada without a valid ETA (or visa) from 15 March 2016. Please note, you may not meet the eligibility requirements of ETA and may be required to obtain a visa or permit.
We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Travel insurance is also strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel. We are an authorised representative of Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) ("Cover-More") and receive financial and non-financial benefits when you buy travel insurance products through us. We and Cover-More are authorised to provide you with general advice about, and arrange, travel insurance products on behalf of the insurer, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507
Travel Advice: We recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
Health: You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation (e.g. proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may deny you entry into a country. We recommend that you consult with your local doctor, travel medical service or specialist vaccination clinic before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination you wish to visit is also available from DFAT (see smartraveller.gov.au).
Prices: All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you. Please note that prices quoted are subject to change. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please contact us for up-to-date prices.
Our Change and Cancellation Fees: Subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Australian Consumer Law, the following change and cancellation fees apply to all bookings (including online bookings and bookings made via phone):
* From 19 Mar 2020 any changes to international bookings will incur a $55.00 change fee per booking, this is a COVID-19 only policy. Not $140
- Changes to Domestic bookings will incur a fee of $55 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to Domestic bookings will incur a fee of $55 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Changes to International bookings will incur a fee of $140 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to International bookings will incur a fee of $250 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Name corrections will incur a fee of $70 per name correction in addition to supplier fees.
- If you wish to change or cancel flights booked online and paid for using PayPal, you must contact our Online Customer Service Team.
Supplier Change and Cancellation Fees: Cancelled bookings may also incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and when tickets or documents are re-issued. Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
Payments by Credit Card: By selecting Credit Card as a means of payment you confirm your agreement to the following conditions. If you make any payment by Credit or debit Card a third party supplier fee may apply. If for any reason any travel service provider, including airlines, does not provide the services and or flights, which you have booked and paid for, Including but not limited to the grounding or insolvency of the Airline or travel provider, the liability is against that provider, and not against Aunt Betty. Please look carefully to check if the price is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD). Most hotels and tours and services may be quoted in the local currency. If you are in doubt or uncertain please enquire before booking. If the price is quoted in a currency other than AUD your credit card may be charged in that currency and will be converted to AUD at the prevailing rate by your bank that may also charge a conversion fee, or may be converted by us using the prevailing selling rate on that day. For your convenience, some international low-cost carrier's prices have been converted to AUD. The amount charged to your card may vary due to currency fluctuations at the time the ticket is issued. All fares quoted and charged to you are based on fares provided to us at the time of quote or ticketing. In the event that the airline should impose a higher fare that was paid either before or after actual travel or any other reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, no show, you agree and authorize us to charge your credit card with the additional amount charged to us by the airline or provider, and not to dispute this charge with your bank. You understand that we act solely as agent for you with the airline and are not the travel provider. Any dispute you may have is between you and the airline, we will assist you with any such dispute to the best of our ability by providing all documentation relating to this booking we may have.
Payments by Credit Card and Debit Card: (Effective as of 3rd December 2019)
Credit card surcharges of:
1.03% for Visa Credit Card
0.57% for Visa Debit Card
0.68% for MasterCard Credit Card
0.39% for MasterCard Debit Card
1.03% for American Express
You authorise us to charge all fees incurred by you in relation to the services provided to the credit card or debit card designated by you. If payment is not received from the card issuer or its agents for any reason, you agree to pay us all amounts due immediately on demand.
Payments via PayPal: An additional 1% fee will apply when paying by PayPal.
Taxes: Airline taxes are subject to change and are confirmed at the time your airline ticket is issued. There may also be a local tax charged at some airports.
Service guarantees: Our booking and advisory services come with a guarantee that:
- they will be provided with due care and skill;
- they will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- they can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- they will be provided within a reasonable time.
If we fail to meet any of these guarantees, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Ancillary / Extras:
Cancel for Any Reason:
- "Cancel for any reason guarantee" is taken out at the time of booking.
- Cancellation must take place at least 48 hours before the first outbound journey is due to begin. No refund will be given if you cancel later than this.
- The maximum cancellation guarantee protection is $3,000 AUD per person and/or $4,600 AUD per trip (whichever is reached first)
- A reason for cancelling is not required, we do not require any justification or documentation
- An 80% refund of flights only including all our and airline cancellation fees (all non-refundable extras will remain non-refundable), we do not refund the fee for the Cancel for any reason guarantee.
- “Cancel for any reason guarantee” purchased prior to 11 March 2020 will receive a full refund of flights only including all our and airline cancellation fees (all non-refundable extras will remain non-refundable), we do not refund the fee for the Cancel for any reason guarantee.
- The refund will be credited to the Credit Card used for the travel booking purchase within 5-7 days of the refund request
- You cannot cancel a partially flown or missed flight
- Nothing in this guarantee affects your rights under Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation regarding statutory guarantees to the extent those rights cannot be excluded.
- Normal booking conditions (Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty) and conditions of carriage (as per the applicable airline) apply in conjunction with these “Cancel for any reason guarantee” terms and conditions.
- In circumstances where we believe that a request for a refund does not fall within the scope of this guarantee, is fraudulent, misleading or deceptive, incorrect or is otherwise invalid, we may, in our absolute discretion, refuse a refund request. Please note any fraudulent refund requests will be immediately referred to the relevant authorities.
Flexible travel dates:
- Allows the customer to request a time and/or date change for the flight booking without additional amendment fees
- Customer must pay the fare difference plus applicable taxes of the original trip and the new trip if the new trip cost is higher (merchant fees apply)
- If the trip difference is lower due to the change, the customer is not eligible for a refund of that amount
- This is a service provided by Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty and is not redeemed with the airline
- Changes must be made by calling customer support
- Changes can be made up to 48 hours prior to the flight
- Changes can only be made subject to availability and ticket conditions (eg maximum stay/permitted routing)
- If changes result in specially priced seats not being available the customer is liable for the fees (e.g. for a small child having to be booked an adult seat)
- Changing segment/s that cannot be changed without changing other segment/s required all segments that need to be changed
- Changing any of the following components of the flight is prohibited:
- Flexible Travel Dates tickets does not allow name changes or corrections
- Can only be used once
- Date changes must comply with the airline’s original ticket validity or with 12 months of the original booking date, whichever comes first
- Must be taken out and paid for at the time of booking the trip
- Changes are applied to flights only
- Changes may affect additional services offered by Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd trading as Aunt Betty or the airline
- Flexible Travel Dates products are not refundable and non-transferable
- Flexible Travel Dates does not cover the cancellation of flights, if you wish to cancel your flight, the full cancellation conditions for that airfare will apply unless you have purchased a “Cancel for any reason guarantee” product.
- Flexible Travel Dates cannot be used to make time/date changes to a flight you have missed. Missing your flight may also affect your remaining flight segments of your journey, possibly resulting in a new ticket purchase being required.
The following ancillary/extras are non-refundable and non-transferable:
- Travel Money Oz Currency Pass
- Price Drop Protection
- BlueRibbon Bags
- Additional baggage
- Seat selection
Agency: We act as an agent for, and sell various travel related products as agent on behalf of, numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators, as well as all of our wholesalers. Any services we provide to you are collateral to that agency relationship. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. We exercise care in the selection of reputable service providers, but we are not ourselves a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. All bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. We can provide you with copies of the relevant service provider terms and conditions on request. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason (excluding fault on our part) any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your rights are against that provider and not against us.
Liability: To the extent permitted by law, neither Flight Centre Travel Group Limited nor any of its related bodies corporate, directors, employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. Our liability will also be limited to the extent that any relevant international conventions, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, limit the amount of compensation which can be claimed for death, injury, or delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Special Requirements: Please contact us, regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests, room type or disabled access.
Frequent Flyer: When booking, please insert frequent flyer membership details (or other applicable loyalty program details) in the space provided for inclusion in your booking. Please check your frequent flyer program (or other applicable loyalty program) for the specific terms of your membership. We cannot guarantee that the supplier will credit you with points for your booking.
Travel Documents: Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. You should print out and retain your travel documents as provided to you by the website (or in a follow up email we send you).
Schedule Changes: We recommend that you contact the airline to confirm your scheduled departure time 24 hours prior to your flight.
Monies Not Held On Trust: All monies paid by you to us will be the property of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited and will be a debt due and payable to the travel service provider once the services to which the money relates have been provided (except for monies paid for flights with an IATA airline, which might be held on trust for that IATA airline). You agree and acknowledge that such monies will not be held by us on trust for and on behalf of you and we may hold such monies in any account as we see fit, including with our own and/or other customer monies.
Governing Law: If any dispute arises between you and us, the laws of Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
These terms were last updated on the 20th of March 2020.