Gold Coast as transit or stop-over destination
In a city that never sleeps, it seems as though there’s always something to see and do on the Gold Coast. From theme parks and beaches, to resort hotels and flashy night clubs, the Gold Coast has a vibe all its own.
While it’s handy to have a car on the Gold Coast, taxis and shuttles, as well as organised tours are plentiful, so getting around isn’t a big concern. The Gold Coast also has a convenient tram service that operates from Surfers Paradise to popular areas such as Broadbeach, Cavill Avenue, Cyprus Avenue and Main Beach.
The top Gold Coast highlights include:
- Surfers Paradise Shopping and Beaches
- Q1 Skypoint Observation Deck and Climb
- Main Beach and nearby Sea World and Marina Mirage Shopping Centre
- Theme Parks: Movie World, Dream World, Wet ‘n’ Wild
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mount Tamborine
- Springbrook National Park