Airlines flying to New York
Whether you choose the most direct option to New York, or prefer to take advantage of the many stop-over options, say in Hawaii, the Middle East or Europe, there are many interesting routes to take on your way to The Big Apple.
From Australia, at least one stop is required to get to New York, but why not make the most of it? Extend your holiday in one of the many connecting cities where New York connections are available. The additional sightseeing stop-over is bound to make your New York trip even more special.
Fly to New York via Hawaii, Canada or the U.S. West Coast
- Air Canada – Air Canada offers daily direct flights from Brisbane (starting June 2016) and Sydney. Passengers can connect with Air Canada’s daily direct flight from Vancouver to Newark Liberty International.
- American Airlines* – American flies daily from Sydney to Los Angeles where it offers multiple nonstop connections to New York’s JFK Airport.
- Delta Air Lines^ – Delta flies daily from Sydney to Los Angeles where it offers multiple nonstop connections to New York’s JFK Airport.
- Hawaiian Airlines^ – Hawaiian flies daily to Honolulu from both Brisbane and Sydney. From Honolulu, Hawaiian offers nonstop connections to New York’s JFK Airport.
- Qantas – Qantas offers daily same plane service from Sydney to New York via Los Angeles. The airline also flies from Sydney to Dallas where passengers can connect to nonstop flights to New York on American Airlines. Qantas also departs daily from Brisbane and Melbourne to Los Angeles. Nonstop connections to New York are available on American Airlines.
- United Airlines – United flies daily from Melbourne and Sydney to Los Angeles, and daily from Sydney to San Francisco. The airline offers nonstop connections from these west coast cities to its New York area hub in Newark, New Jersey.
- Virgin Australia – Virgin Australia flies daily from Brisbane and Sydney to Los Angeles. Quick and easy connections are available with partner airline Delta.
Fly to New York from Australia via Asia or the Middle East
- Air China (via Beijing)
- Air India (via Delhi)
- All Nippon Airways (via Tokyo)
- Asiana (via Seoul)
- Cathay Pacific* (via Hong Kong and Vancouver)
- China Eastern* (via Shanghai)
- China Southern* (via Guangzhou)
- Emirates* (via Dubai)
- Etihad^ (via Abu Dhabi)
- Eva Air (via Taipei)
- Japan Airlines (via Tokyo)
- Korean Air (via Seoul)
- Philippine Airlines (via Manila and Vancouver)
- Qatar (via Doha)
- Singapore Airlines^ (via Singapore)
Fly to New York from Australia via Africa or South America
- LAN (via Santiago, Chile)
- South African Airways^ (via Johannesburg)
* Qantas codeshare and frequent flyer partner
^ Virgin Australia codeshare and frequent flyer partner