1. Kawazu Sakura Festival – Kawazu, Japan
Weeks before the cherry blossoms bloom in other regions, Kawazu is awash with perfectly pink petals.
2. Robot Restaurant – Tokyo, Japan
Giant robots, a laser light show, thumping bass and tribal drum show – a chaotic sensory overland that’s totally amazing, and a must-do in Tokyo.
3. Hot Spring Baths – Kusatsu, Japan
Enjoy restorative waters at the town’s many onsen (public baths) and ryokan (inns).
4. Ghibli Museum – Tokyo, Japan
A quirky must-see for any fan of the Studio Ghibli films.
5. Gardens by the Bay - Singapore
This futuristic landscape is not your average botanical garden.
6. Raffles Hotel – Singapore
Indulging in a Singapore Sling at Raffles – cliché, yes. Delicious? Absolutely.
7. Orchard Road – Singapore
Your one-stop shopping stop.
8. Experience Holi – India
An ancient Hindu tradition, this colourful festival celebrates the arrival of spring, along with the triumph of good over evil.
9. Taj Mahal – Agra, India
Yes, you can take the standard selfies with this magnificent structure looming large in the background, but make sure you take the time to go inside and learn about its history.
10. Golden Temple – Amritsar, India
This gilded template is visited by more than 100,000 people each day, from different faiths and nationalities. Truly spectacular.
11. Angkor Wat – Siem Reap, Cambodia
Be astounded by this Hindu temple complex, the largest religious monument in the world. Visit at sunrise for a truly magical experience.
12. Killing Fields – Phnom Penh, Cambodia
A heartbreaking insight into the atrocities Cambodia has endured.
13. Walking food tour – Hanoi, Vietnam
Fans of the local cuisine will be in heaven.
14. Sand dunes – Mui Ne, Vietnam
Ever been sandboarding? Here’s one of the best places to do it.
15. Hang Son Doong cave – Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Vietnam
The largest known cave in the world, phenomenal.
16. Petronas Twin Towers – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
View the vast cityscape from a skywalk between the world’s tallest twin towers.
17. Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre – Sabah, East Malaysia
A rescue and rehabilitation centre for the majestic orangutan.
18. Borobudur Temples – Magelang, Indonesia
Be astounded by this incredible Buddhist monument, originally built in the 8th and 9th centuries.
19. Sekumpul Waterfall – Buleleng, Indonesia
Breathtaking and other-worldly, this series of cascades is worth the trek.
20. Luxe living – Seminyak, Indonesia
Home to a number of luxury hotels, treat yourself to some indulgent R&R.
21. Island life - Boracay, Philippines
Once voted the best beach in the world, you can chill out beachside or indulge your inner adrenaline junkie with cliff jumping and ATV tours.
22. Sugba Lagoon – Siargao Island, Philippines
Dive from a high board into crystal-clear water.
23. Swimming with whale sharks – Dhigurah Island, Maldives
Swim alongside these gentle giants and marvel in their size and grace.
24. Maokong Gondola – Taipei, Taiwan
Catch the gondola after some rain and witness the mist rising over the lush, green landscape.
25. Shilin Night Market – Taipei, Taiwan
Super delicious and super cheap street food.
26. Alishan National Scenic Area – Chiayi County, Taiwan
Hike incredible trails, travel a historic railway or visit Shoujhen Temple, and witness 10,000 miniature Buddhas.
27. Gyeongbukgung Palace – Seoul, South Korea
Beautiful at any time of year, the largest of Seoul’s five palaces has a fascinating history.
28. DMZ (Demilitiarised zone) - South Korea/South Korea border
Visit the infamous border between the two countries, a stark contrast to the fun and quirky vibe of South Korea.
29. Everest Base Camp Hike – Lukla, Nepal
One of the most iconic treks you can do.
30. The Tiger’s Nest Temple – Paro, Bhutan
Nestled into a cliff face, 900m above ground, this incredible monastery is only accessible by foot (yours, or a horses’).
31. Hot air balloon – Bagan, Myanmar
Float high above the pagodas to see another side of the Golden Land.
32. Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding – Sichuan, China
See these loveable creatures in enclosures that closely mimic their natural habitat and learn more about the work the research base is doing to save this amazing species.
33. Great Wall of China
Take your pick of sections of this iconic landmark to explore.
34. Shaolin Temple – Henan, China
Widely regarded as the birthplace of Chinese Kung Fu, you can book lessons directly with the temple for a truly unique experience.
35. Terracotta Army – Xian, China
Shrouded in mystery and intrigue, this mausoleum site is now a huge museum complex with hundreds of soldiers, chariots and horses.
36. Kaudulla Safari – Kaudulla National Park, Sri Lanka
Observe animals going about their business with a camera at the ready.
37. Rope swing – Dalawella, Sri Lanka
If getting the perfect Insta-pic is on your to-do list, visit this spot at sunset.
38. Grand Palace – Bangkok, Thailand
Walk the grounds to take in the stunning architecture.
39. Ride a Tuk Tuk – Thailand
A little bit fun, a little bit exhilarating.
40. Elephant Nature Park – Chiang Mai, Thailand
To preserve the wonderful work they’re doing, this rescue and rehabilitation centre only allows visitors can observe and engage with these majestic animals in a manner that won’t cause further harm.
Asia truly has something for everyone, and with cheap flights to so many destinations, there's no need to wait. What will you tick off the list first?